How to Lodge a Statutory Declaration Form

You may need to lodge a Statutory Declaration form in the following situations:

  • Someone else’s services are already connected at a property you own or rent (preventing you from getting services connected to that address).
  • You need to take ownership of an account because the owner can no longer be contacted for any reason.
  • Any other situation that requires a legal statement from you.

If you’re ever unsure about what to do with your statutory declaration, please contact us.


How to lodge a Statutory Declaration

  1. Download and/or print a copy of the form here. Single-sided or double-sided printing is acceptable. If you do not have access to a printer, you can get a Statutory Declaration form from your local Post Office. Alternatively, your local library may be able to help you print the form.
  2. Using a black or blue pen, fill out your Name, Address and Occupation, and then write your declaration in the space provided. If you are making a declaration as an authorised representative for a business, be sure to state this clearly. We've included some examples of written declarations below.

    Example 1: Making a declaration as an individual

    Example 2: Making a declaration as an authorised representative of a business
  3. Take your Statutory Declaration to be witnessed and signed by anyone from the list below, or listed in Note 2 on your form. 
  4. Sign and date your form in front of your witness and then have them sign their name and title.
  5. Scan and email your form to [email protected], or fax it to 1300 785 632. Please include your reference number or Westnet username in your email subject or written on your fax. If you do not have access to a scanner, your local Post Office (and some newsagents) should offer fax services.
  6. A member of our Support Team will receive your declaration and then arrange contact with you to continue addressing your issue.

People who can witness a Statutory Declaration

  • Architect
  • Australian Defence Force officer or a non-commissioned officer (as per Defence Force Discipline Act 1982) with at least 5 years of continuous service
  • Australian Postal Corporation worker with at least 5 years of continuous service
  • Bailiff
  • Bank officer with five or more years of continuous service
  • Building society officer with at least 5 years of continuous service
  • Chiropractor
  • Civil marriage celebrant
  • Commissioner for Affidavits
  • Commissioner for Declarations
  • Court clerk, Judge or Master
  • Credit union officer with at least 5 years of continuous service
  • Dentist
  • Financial adviser or planner
  • Justice of the Peace
  • Legal practitioner (lawyer)
  • Magistrate
  • Medical practitioner (doctor)
  • Member of Parliament
  • Midwife
  • Minister of religion registered under Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961
  • Notary Public
  • Nurse
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Patent attorney
  • Pharmacist
  • Police officer
  • Sheriff
  • Sheriff's officer
  • Teacher working full-time at a school or tertiary education institution.
  • Veterinary surgeon

… or any other person listed on pages 2 and 3 of your Statutory Declaration Form.

Was this information helpful?

Why was it not helpful?

Please select an option

Thank you for your feedback.