Set up ADSL
Follow the instructions or watch the video below to set up your TG-789 on ADSL2+.
If you have an older modem, see our guides for previously sold modems.
First, ensure you have:
- A message from us advising you to plug in your modem.
- An electrical outlet near your telephone wall socket.
- Connect the power cables from your modem's Power Port to an electrical outlet.
- Plug the included line filter into your telephone wall socket.
- Connect the included phone cable from the grey DSL port on your modem to the DSL port on your line filter.
- If you wish to use your Westnet Home Phone service, plug a handset into the PHONE port on your line filter.
- Make sure the electrical outlet for your modem is on, and press the modem's Power button.
- Allow 15 minutes for your modem to boot up and connect automatically.
- Check the lights on your modem. If the Internet light is green, you can start connecting your devices and getting online.
- To plug in additional devices via Ethernet cable, simply connect the Ethernet cables to any of the four yellow LAN ports on your modem.
- If you wish to connect your devices via WiFi, you'll find the WiFi name and password on the barcode sticker at the bottom of your modem.
We recommend connecting over the 5GHz WiFi channel for faster performance. See Improving WiFi Signal.