SIM Card errors and finding your PUK code
- If you purchased your handset second-hand or from a non-Vodafone carrier (e.g. Telstra, Optus) check that it’s not locked to a specific mobile provider. If this is the case, you’ll need to get it unlocked before the handset will recognise your Westnet SIM card.
- Turn off your mobile handset and remove the SIM card.
- Wait 2 minutes, then re-insert SIM card and turn your handset back on.
- If you see an error message like “Blocked” or “SIM Blocked”, you’ll need your PUK (PIN unlocking key). This can happen if your handset PIN is entered incorrectly too many times.
- Log in to MyAccount.
- Select Request PUK Code to get your Personal Unlocking Key so you can enter it on your mobile handset.
- If you see an error message like “SIM Card Rejected”, this means that a PUK has been entered incorrectly more than 10 times, and the SIM card has been wiped.
- Wiped SIM cards cannot be recovered. If your SIM card has been wiped, you’ll need to purchase a replacement SIM card by calling us on 1300 786 068. A SIM replacement fee of $10 will apply.