Troubleshooting NBN FTTB/FTTN for No Connection
- Check your address on NBN Co's Network status and outages page to see if an unforeseen incident or planned maintenance is affecting your connection.
- Check your address on our Network Status page to see if there are any known issues in your area.
- Locate your NBN™ modem and ensure that it's connected correctly, with cables in good condition and plugged in securely.
- Turn off the electrical outlet for your modem and leave it off for at least 10 seconds.
- Turn the outlet back on and wait for the modem lights to settle, then attempt to view a website.
- Stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues. Move further away and monitor the WiFi signal strength.
- If you lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- Attempt to view a website on a device connected to your modem via Ethernet cable, not WiFi. If Ethernet works but WiFi doesn't, see troubleshooting WiFi No Connection.
- If you can view websites on some devices but not others, see our guide on Browsing issues.
- If you still can't get online, please call us on 1300 786 068 for further assistance.
Appendix - Modem compatiblity
A modem/router must support VDSL2 in order to work on NBN™ FTTB/FTTN. When an incompatible modem is detected, NBN Co may block your connection to prevent network issues. A blocked connection won't work even if you switch to a compatible modem.
If you believe an incompatible modem has been plugged into your wall socket for NBN™, please call us on 1300 786 068 as we’ll need to get your connection unblocked.
All VDSL2-ready modems sold by Westnet have been whitelisted with NBN Co.