Troubleshooting Home Wireless Broadband for No Connection
Please note: Your Home Wireless Broadband service is only for use at the address nominated on your application. If you've moved home, please see Moving Home and contact us to make arrangements.
- Confirm that your Micro SIM card is present and fully inserted in the Micro SIM slot located on the side of your modem. If the SIM card is missing, please call us on 1300 786 068.
Note: Your SIM card slot may be covered by a plastic cover or black sticker to prevent tampering.
- Ensure your modem is connected correctly, with cables in good condition and plugged in securely. The SIM card must be fully inserted in the SIM slot.
- Turn off the electrical outlet for your modem and leave it off for at least 10 seconds.
- Turn the outlet back on and wait approximately 3 minutes for the modem lights to settle, then attempt to view a website.
- If the 4G light is off or red, move your modem to another location, ideally near a window and away from direct sunlight.
Note: If your 4G and/or Internet lights remain off after rebooting, please call us on 1300 786 068 for assistance.
- If you're testing on a WiFi device, stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues. Move further away and monitor the WiFi signal strength.
- If you lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- Attempt to view a website on a device connected to your modem via Ethernet cable, not WiFi. If Ethernet works but WiFi doesn't, see troubleshooting WiFi No Connection.
- If you can view websites on some devices but not others, see our guide on Browsing issues.
- If you still can't get online, please call us on 1300 786 068 for further assistance.