Troubleshooting NBN FTTP for No Connection
- Check your address on NBN Co's Network status and outages page to see if an unforeseen incident or planned maintenance is affecting your connection.
- Check your address on our Network Status page to see if there are any known issues in your area.
- Locate your NBN Network Connection Box and modem and ensure that they are connected correctly, with cables in good condition and plugged in securely.
- Turn off the electrical outlets for both the NBN Power Supply Unit and your modem and leave them off for at least 60 seconds.
- Switch both outlets back on and wait for the box and modem lights to settle, then attempt to view a website.
Note: If your NBN™ Connection Box status lights are unlit or red after rebooting, please call us on 1300 786 068 for assistance.
- Stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues. Move further away and monitor the WiFi signal strength.
- If you lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- Attempt to view a website on a device connected to your modem via Ethernet cable, not WiFi. If Ethernet works but WiFi doesn't, see troubleshooting WiFi No Connection.
- If you can view websites on some devices but not others, see our guide on Browsing issues.
- If you still can't get online, please call us on 1300 786 068 for further assistance.