Troubleshooting NBN Wireless for Dropouts
- Turn off the electrical outlets for both the NBN Connection Box and your modem and leave them off for at least 10 seconds.
- Turn both outlets back on and wait for the modem lights to settle. Continue monitoring for dropouts.
- When your connection drops out, check other devices connected to your modem via WiFi or Ethernet cable to see if they've dropped out, too.
- If devices connected via Ethernet cable stay online when devices connected via WiFi drop out, switch to troubleshooting WiFi Dropouts.
- Ensure that your modem is connected correctly, with cables in good condition and plugged in securely.
- Check your NBN Wireless antenna for obstructions such as tree branches.
Note: Severe weather conditions resulting in heavy cloud cover may also cause connection dropouts.
- If you still experience drop outs or your NBN Wireless antenna has been damaged, please call us on 1300 786 068 for further assistance.