Troubleshooting WiFi Network for Dropouts
- Stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues. Move further away and see if a dropout occurs.
- If you lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- Check if you experience the same WiFi dropouts using a different device. If some devices drop out but others don't, the devices that drop out may be faulty. If you suspect this is the case, seek replacement or repair.
- If possible, check if you experience the same dropouts on a computer or laptop connected to your modem via an Ethernet cable.
- If your connection also drops out over Ethernet, you need to troubleshoot dropouts for your broadband connection, not WiFi. See our guide for NBN™ FTTB/N, NBN™ FTTC, NBN™ FTTP, NBN™ HFC, NBN™ Wireless, NBN™ Satellite, ADSL2+, Naked DSL, Cable or VDSL2.
- Call us on 1300 786 068 for further assistance with a Westnet modem. If you have a non-Westnet supplied modem, please refer to the manufacturer's website.